The Elizabeth House is a safe place for expectant moms who are ready to change the directions of their lives. We provide a supportive, structured, goal-oriented environment committed to the growth of moms and their babies, free of charge.
The Elizabeth House equips moms to rebuild and restore their lives through education, job placement and more.
Core Criterion & Requirements
- 18+ years of age
- Committed to stay six to twelve months
- AODA assessment
- No significant criminal history – background checks are done during application process
- We are not staffed to work with persons with significant mental health diagnoses
To become successful graduates of The Elizabeth House, women are expected to participate in key areas of the program. These include:
- Case Management
- Secure safe, affordable housing
- School or work: Women who have not completed their high school education are expected to enroll in a local GED or HSED program to complete their high school education. Women who do have a high school diploma are expected to be working or seeking employment and volunteering until they secure stable employment.
- Obtain appropriate childcare
- Core curriculum
- Community life at The Elizabeth House
- Nightly community meals
- Daily and weekly chores
- Morning devotions
Please visit The Elizabeth House website or call us at (608) 259-1605 ext. 205 to inquire about openings in our program, and to begin the application process.