The Elizabeth House
If you are pregnant, age 18 or over, and looking for a safe place for a new start, Care Net’s residential maternity and parenting program, The Elizabeth House, could be for you.
The Elizabeth House provides a safe and secure environment for mothers to become emotionally healthy and self-sufficient.
Our goal-oriented program will enable and equip you to:
- Set and reach your personal goals
- Secure employment and housing
- Manage money
- Learn effective parenting skills or make an adoption plan
- Achieve physical well-being, emotional healing and spiritual growth
Along the way, you will learn about:
- Pregnancy and Infant Care
- Parenting Toddlers & Beyond – Learn how to maintain your physical and emotional health, and ways to promote your baby’s overall development through daily care routines, toys and books, and building a trusting relationship. Meet with a Social Worker each week and learn what to look for in developmental milestones.
- Personal finance – Learn how to make a budget, balance a check book, and make your dollars stretch by understanding the difference between wants and needs.
- Healthy Relationships – Learn how to have healthy positive relationships and establish boundaries for yourself.
- Household management
- Nutrition – Learn how to make healthy balanced meals for yourself and your child and how to make meal time fun for your growing baby.
Most residents stay at The Elizabeth House for six to 12 months, during and immediately following their pregnancy, and many receive ongoing support after that time.
The dedicated and trained personnel are available 24-hours a day to care for and encourage each resident during her stay.
“I don’t know where I’d be without The Elizabeth House. I was able to sit down and analyze what I was going to do in life and how I was going to take care of me and my baby.”
Former Resident of The Elizabeth House
Wondering about openings at The Elizabeth House? Please visit The Elizabeth House website or call us at (608) 259-1605 ext. 205 to inquire about openings and to begin the application process.